I was asked recently if I loved being a mortgage broker and providing mortgage service to clients and, if so, why.
I loved the question, particularly how the follow-up “why” didn’t let me off the hook with a simple smile and a “yes.”
I do love providing mortgage services for clients in Ontario. Here are the reasons:
- I believe our purpose in life is to be in service to others. Taking applications, finding the right lender, and obtaining a mortgage for someone is rewarding for me. I like doing this service.
- I’m competitive. I like finding great deals for my clients. I like beating the bank rate, something I did just today for a client. His banker offered him 3.36% and I got him 3.29% from a different bank. I love the win.
- I like working with people. I’m sure that sounds cliché, but I do. It makes my day to work with people who are making one of the biggest decisions of their lives and to help them achieve their goal of home ownership.
- I love real estate. Whether it is commercial or residential property, I think real estate is still one of the best long-term investments that people can make for themselves.
- Being in this business allows me to choose my own hours and gives me the flexibility to spend time with those I love and pursue the hobbies that are important to me.
So yes, I love doing what I do. If I can help you find the right financing, please don’t hesitate to call me.